Saturday, January 23, 2010

ABODE

ABODE: a place of residence; a house or home

on the top of my list for unique antique stores in SLC, as well as good prices. i always come out with some idea in my head for what i want to make next.
i like the dress on this mannequin, the way that it come in at the waist and has a straight skirt that comes probably to about the knee.


need some new refrigerator magnets? why not just be creative and make them yourself with some old domino and bingo pieces (also would be great necklace pendants).

if their is one thing to know about me, it's that i love vintage buttons (okay so thats probably not the most important thing to know about me). they aren't always the easiest thing to come across, but their are those glorious moments when you walk into an antique store, you are just wondering around and you spot a jar full of what may seem like old dirty buttons, but to me opening it up is like uncovering lost treasure. my mom and i have spent many of times just pouring out button jars and going through them, some odd little thing we find joy in i guess.... but i like to incorporate buttons in many of my "crafts". such as attaching a few buttons on top of each other to make a necklace pendant. once i did this thinking to be clever, but then while my stroll though ABODE i found these realizing i am no as clever as i once thought. but still a good idea. easy for anyone to make, you just have to find the right buttons first!

once again i am loving the unique buttons, also make adorable magnets...


a cute stamp for a unique tag. i love making my own tags, and i love this little clown boy. i need to find me one of those!

this is what the front of the store looks like, just in case you are ever about in SLC and wanted to stop by. i'd say it's worth the trip. it's a small place, but full of all sorts of things!

No comments:

About Me

I am a hairstylist @ Relik Salon in AF,UT and a student of the arts, photography specifically. I live a simple life which I love, and my favorite hobby is thrifting.